When we were nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award back in early 2017, our first question was – What is the Sunshine Blogger Award? We dug deeper and found this “The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.”
This description resonated with us because we love those aspects of blogging, especially the community. The Sunshine Blogger Award has given us a chance to share, recognize, and learn more about so many fabulous bloggers. Please keep reading if you want to learn more about, our interview questions and answers, our nominations, some fantastic Sunshine Blogger Questions, and why we love the Sunshine Blogger award.
Sunshine Blogger Roll Call
More than anything else, the Sunshine Blogger is about recognizing the community of fellow bloggers for their creativity, positivity, and inspiration. We figure that there is no better way for us to do this than by creating the Sunshine Blogger Role Call. If you are looking for other Sunshine Bloggers, or want to be added to the list, please check this link out.
Answers to Our Sunshine Blogger Award Questions
Ladies and gentlemen! We are excited to announce that we were nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the fabulous Katie Williams AKA The Travelling Spud. This will look great on our digital shelf next to our Liebster Award. Below we’ll be answering a few questions about ourselves and about the blog.
What is your favorite part about blogging?
The new places and people we have discovered. We love exploring the fantastic world around us and finding amazing adventure.
How did you get started with blogging?
We knew that we wanted to transition to another career path. We thought about it and decided to choose blogging because of how well it matched our wanderlust nature. From there, we researched how to blog and started with TBS and WITS. From there we have been working diligently to put those lessons into action.
What three bloggers inspire you?
Dave and Deb from Planet D, Raphael Alexander from Journey Wonders for his honesty and humor. Bret Love (green global travel) for eco tourism.
Where is your favorite place you’ve ever been?
Nassau Bahamas. For one, it’s absolutely beautiful and for two we got married there.
Continuation of Our Sunshine Blogger Questions
What was the last flight you were on and where were you flying to and from?
Indianapolis for Bloghouse for Jenn and Orlando for work for Ed.
What’s your travel style?
Activity first travel. We pick an activity we want to do and that drives when and where we go.
Where did you go on your first trip and how old were you?
When Ed was five, he took a road trip from Alabama to Ontario Canada with a side trip to Washington DC for the Bicentennial. Jenn visited San Diego and stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado as a wee little girl.
Do you collect anything during your travels?
We like authentic wood crafts and little freebies from tour operators or hotels. It’s either a work of art or just a little nicknacks with memories.
What would you do if you didn’t blog?
Our second runner up was for Divemaster for Ed and Professional Photographer for Jenn. Of course, these aren’t necessarily exclusive of blogging.
And lastly, give us three random facts about yourself?
Ed: I was a manager of an ostrich farm in college. I am a physicist by training and trade. I play Mozart on my head like a bongo drum.
Jenn: I was a volunteer firefighter for five years. In my adult life, there is only one four year stretch that I did not hold two or more jobs, 5 is my max. I have little short arms. T-Rex is my spirit animal.
Thank you, Katie, for the nomination and we look forward to following your travels. Now it’s time for us to pass the love along.
Our Sunshine Blogger Award Nominations
We are nominating Adam Sterling from The Sterling Traveler and Cat from For Two Please. We love these guys and you will too. Make sure you click over to their site to see what makes them so special. Once nominated, if you choose to accept, write a post where you:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you
- Nominate other blogs and give them questions to answer
- Notify your nominees through social media or commenting on their blog
- List the “rules” and display a Sunshine Award logo in your post
Our Sunshine Blogger questions:
- How did you get into blogging?
- What is your favorite post you’ve written?
- What is your favorite food you have eating in a foreign country?
- Where is your favorite place you’ve ever been?
- Where did you go on your first trip and how old were you?
- What would you do if you didn’t blog?
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
- What are your favorite and least favorite things about blogging?
- What makes you different from any other blogger?
- What is your favorite book or travel movie?
- Bonus question: Include the best travel picture you have ever taken!
Fantastic Sunshine Blogger Questions
If you are reading this, chances are you have been recognized as a Sunshine Blogger. You want to pass the love around, but you don’t want to ask your peeps the same questions you got. You are way more creative than that. You’re looking for the best, most insightful questions that will help the world know more about some super cool bloggers. We have compiled this list to help you out. If you think of any questions that should be on here, feel free to drop up a line or leave them in the comments. We would love to hear from you.
- What do you love most about your blog?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- Which bloggers inspire you the most?
- What is your favorite social media platform and why?
- What is your favorite book?
- Which song inspires you to travel?
- What is your one place you have to see before you die?
- What is one thing you would change about yourself?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What are your goals / resolutions for the next year?
- more to come….
Our Bonus Sunshine Blogger Answer: What do we mean by activity driven travel?
One of our favorite parts about the Sunshine Blogger Award is that it give bloggers a chance to get to know one another and share their work. For us, we specialize in activity driven travel. That means we pick places we go based upon the activities we would do there. By clicking through our site, you get to know more about us, our writing style, and our core values of travel.
Thank you for spending a little time with us and learning about our Sunshine Blogger Award.